|Job Title: SQL DBA
Job Type: FT – Contract or Contract To Hire
Job Location: Jackson, MS – Onsite
Salary Range: D.O.E.
Start Date: Immediate
Our client located near Jackson, MS has an immediate opening for a SQL Database Administrator. If you would like to become part of a stable and growing company with excellent pay, great working environment, top notch benefits, plus much more...this job is for you!
NOTE: Note: Client will not sponsor H1's...US Citizen Or Green Card Holders Only. Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum job requirements.
As the SQL Database Administrator, you’ll work as a member of the product development team. Working closely with application architects to define and develop client applications implemented in distributed enterprise-wide data architecture. As an SQL DBA, you will participate in all aspects of database design, development, deployment, and testing. The Development DBA area requires knowledge of nearly all technology stacks (Transactional, Data Warehouse, LOB, etc.)
All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA and other regulations, as appropriate.
In addition to working as prescribed in client’s Performance Factors specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Partners with DB Architect in setting database standards and best practices.
- Evaluating business requirements and translating them into specific database solutions
- Creating data design models, database architecture and data repository
- Creating and testing database prototypes
- Ensuring database integrity, stability and system availability
- Ensuring new database schema meets standards for readability and performance
- Performance tuning new and existing applications
- Act as the Data/Schema Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Caretaker.
- Write efficient T-SQL script for various routines and complex business logic.
- 5+ years in database design and development.
- 3+ years of experience as a database administrator.
- Strong experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2/2012 & higher (stored procedures, triggers, functions, views, constraints & indexes).
- Experience with modeling tools.
- Strong database design and development experience working with developers.
- Familiarity with movement and processing of unstructured/semi-structured data
- Experience with data movement from local to cloud-based system
- Understanding of different database models and styles (OLTP, OLAP, NoSQL)
- Intermediate level knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Experience in troubleshooting performance issues (query optimization, performance monitors & troubleshooting tools).
- Must be able to act both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a diverse audience.
- High level reasoning skills with the ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of data in situations with limited standardization. Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions presented in both written and oral form.
- Presents a professional and positive image at all times.
- SQL 2008 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016 Server Certification
- Experience in Enterprise Design for high volume, transactional environments.
- Experience with Analysis Server (SSAS) and Integration Services (SSIS)
- Knowledge of BI infrastructure
- Experience with OLAP or OLAP-like systems
- Experience in virtualized environments