If you have interest in this position please send resume in word with contact number.
Data Security Engineer
Salary DOE, stock options, relocation assistance and great perks/benefits.
Location: San Carlos, CA
Please answer questions at bottom
Company is looking for a detail-oriented Data Security Engineer
who will work at the cutting edge of encryption and data security to ensure that our data is secure and compliant. You will work collaboratively with our engineering and data science teams to protect the security of our product and infrastructure. You will also build and install tools that identify and classify our data. Reporting directly to the Head of Information Security, you will help execute on PCI compliance-related tasks and projects. If you are excited about using the latest tools to manage data exposure risk for one of the most innovative data science models in the fintech industry, this may be the right opportunity for you!
Here’s more about what you’ll be doing:
- Take ownership of building, managing and monitoring Upstart’s encryption service, adequate access service, and data security controls for external auditors
- Working closely with engineering and data science teams to safeguard our products
- Building, refining, and maintaining a company-wide data dictionary, helping us drive and understand sensitive/non-sensitive elements
- Reporting on sensitive data and its usage in the company
- Working with the Director of Information Security to map PCI compliance to our infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience in a data security role within a technology or financial services organization
- Experience managing security controls and driving security policies over Amazon S3
- Experience with data classification tools, SQL, and databases (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, Redshift)
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and communicate effectively with highly technical teams
- Certifications such as Data privacy certification (e.g. CIPP) will strengthen consideration
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of data security role experience do you have?
- How many years of security controls and driving security policies at amazon S3 experience do you have?
- How many years of SQL, Postgres, MySQL, Redshift experience do you have?
- How many years of technology or financial field experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Data privacy certification (e.g. CIPP)?
Please contact me with any questions:
Visit our careers website to view our current opportunities