If you have interest in this position please send resume in word with contact number.
Location: Manchester, Tn.
Salary Dependent on experience (recruiter will discuss)
Reports to: CNC Manager Department: Injection Mold
JOB SUMMARY: CNC Programmer
Given a solid model of a mold tool, programmer to develop machining sequence, define required tooling, define cutting speeds and feeds, and generate CNC programs and communicate with the CNC operators. Programmers must at times develop 3D models of some tooling requirements in order to create machining processes and CNC programs. Must develop the ability to perform the machining operations, execute setups and trouble shoot as required.
Programmer will report directly to the CNC Manager.
- Creates or modifies tooling drawings in ZW3D or Delcam solid modeler.
- Creates machining plan and generate CNC programs and tooling setup sheets for injection mold cores, cavities and other tooling as required.
- Create fixture drawings for special tooling as the need arises.
- Loads programs in CNC machines and instructs operators on machine setups or perform setups as required.
- Operate CNC milling machines.
- Maintain tooling stores and order as necessary.
- Trouble shoot CNC milling machines and programs as necessary
- Report all shift performance data to management daily.
- Overtime as required by management.
- Assist production in resolving quality and performance related tooling problems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be able to work independently and make decisions to keep milling machines running.
- Minimum two (2) years on the job experience as a CNC programmer utilizing CAM software. ZW3D or Delcam is preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in CAD
- Injection molding experience is a plus.
- Mold machining experience is a plus
- Minimum of (2) years experience in the operation/setup of CNC Mills.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent in technical field from two-year College or technical school preferred, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Drafting ability to clearly develop ideas in the form of working drawings and sketches.
- Must be familiar with a variety of machining processes, tooling selection and work holding.
- Proficient computer skills; working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Project
- Demonstrated writing and communication skills required
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work within a team, ability to handle multiple tasks
- Work may involve standing, bending and lifting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds overhead.
Please contact me with any questions:
Visit our careers website to view our current opportunities