If you have interest in this position please send resume in word with contact number
Pay Range DOE Recruiter will discuss
Position Type: Contract
Job Location: GA
Duration: 12 months with possible extension
Interview Type: Web and then In Person
- Sr. C# Developer (#11185097)
As part of our client's Information Technology Enterprise Services, the Operational Data and Events team (ODE) works continuously to assure the fail-safe flow of data and content into client’s business applications. Being at heart of the client's Nervous System, ODE is responsible for sourcing and persisting data into Enterprise Data Stores and for delivering events to application clients in almost all business areas and around the globe. The technical team designs, builds, and supports Windows Server-based middleware applications and systems. Real-time operational data and events are provided to client operational and customer automation systems, management teams, and Operation Control Center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week providing flight, passenger, crew and baggage data and events. ODE applications are integrated to present a unified “Enterprise View” of operational data from multiple disparate systems, both internal and external. ODE Enterprise Data Stores can be queried to provide on-demand operational data and include both current and historical scope.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Participate in the development and maintenance of ODE systems
• Collaborate with portfolio architects, IT partners across the organization as well as the business analysts to analyze requirements and produce quality software
• Design and execute application and system test cases
• Work on performance optimization and problem resolution
• Ensure development practices follow industry and enterprise IT standards
• Conduct code reviews and provide feedback
• Communicate status on project tasks and issues to manager on a regular basis both verbally and in writing
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience and knowledge in application design
• Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to define, capture and report on metrics to present management a clear picture of the overall health of production and lower level environments
• Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
• Detail-oriented and able to handle multiple concurrent tasks
• Experience in building and maintaining long-running, distributed, fault-tolerant back-end systems
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience and demonstrated knowledge of Windows Operating System, XML, XSD, XSLT, and SQL
• Proficiencies include experience of Oracle databases
A successful software developer in ODE will have extensive experience and knowledge in building long-running, distributed, fault-tolerant back-end systems. Most applications are written in C#.
Candidates should have extensive experience and knowledge of C#/.NET, Windows, XML, XSD, XSLT, and SQL. Proficiencies should also include experience with: Oracle databases, TIBCO EMS, TIBCO BW, TIBCO RV and data caching products (like ObjectStore or Tibco ActiveSpaces).
Tools/Languages: C#, Tibco BE, Oracle, EMS, XML/XSD, ClearCase, Git, HP Quality Center
The Developer is responsible for the analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation of business and technical information technology solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology. The scope for Developer (Core) is systems based on core technologies, while the scope for Developer (COTS) pertains to custom off the shelf systems. Developer (Niche) refers to niche technologies such as eCommerce systems and Specialty Development in client terminology refers to Mobility and TPF.
'-Constructs, tests, and implements portions of business and technical information technology solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology.
-Participates in standard business and technical information technology solution implementations, upgrades, enhancements, and conversions.
-Uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify, and resolve business and/or technical problems.
'-Applies specialized knowledge in a single discipline such as assembly/integration, cross-discipline functions, knowledge engineering, industry expertise, or legacy evolution.
-Interacts with the customer to gain an understanding of the business environment and technical context.
-Validates scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned projects.
-Leads the design, development, implementation, and support of information technology solutions encompassing multiple specializations, platforms, and technologies.
-Defines project scope, plans, and deliverables, including proposed implementation dates.
-Researches, analyzes, recommends, and implements new technologies, standard processes, tools, and techniques
-Assists in defining alternate solutions for the business problem.
All candidates must pass a Video Tech Screen prior to being submitted to the client. Candidates must also be willing to come in for a F2F if the client phone interview goes well