If you have interest in this position please send resume in word with contact number
Please note the additional notes section
Title: Oracle DBA (#12175295)
Rate: $50 C2C
Position Type: Contract
Job Location: Conyers, GA.
Duration: 22 months
Client: State of Georgia
Interview Type: Phone/Web with a possible In Person
GENERAL NATURE OF DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION:
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Under limited supervision, directs and controls activities relating to database management, planning, development, and security.
- Coordinates, manages and designs database structures across multiple database platforms.
- Work with Server Engineers preparing specifications for the database servers, monitor and tune the application databases, and establish communication links across Database Management Systems.
- Assists technical support and staff/vendors with installations, upgrades, or problems relating to the database environment.
Ten years of Information Technology experience working in the generation, installation, and maintenance of resident software packages, of which eight years has been in administering server-based Oracle databases.
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED QUALIFICATION:
- Knowledge of Windows platforms and Linux.
- Experience in application tuning, backup and recovery using RMAN and other backup modes.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task and be able to work within deadlines
- must be team-oriented, but also be able to work independently.
Knowledge areas a plus: Oracle Advanced Security, RAC, Advance Queuing and experience installing and/or using vendor tools such as ORACLE OEM.
- Must have experience creating and working with different database backup and recovery strategies. Must have extensive experience working with SQL analysis, performance, debugging and recommendations. Good interpersonal skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Must be able to design and coordinate the implementation of database structures for one or more platforms.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must be able to meet the terms and conditions of employment for the Information Technology Division.
A full background check is required at time of submittal
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
Candidates with existing work Visa’s valid past 3/1/2021 will also be considered.
- Experience with Oracle Exadata
- Experience with Oracle 12c. Familiarity with 18c
- Familiarity with vendor products used to support the database, such as: Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Security, and Active Directory is a plus.
- Special consideration will be given to candidates that have database experience with Dataguard
- Experience working on various systems on a Microsoft platform and Linux
- Experience with Disaster and/or Data Recovery Planning and Implementation
- Experience developing, documenting and enforcing DBA standards
- The candidate selected for this position will be subject to pre-employment background check and reference check.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
- Candidates with existing work Visa’s valid past 3/1/2021 will also be considered.
Please contact me with any questions:
Visit our careers website to view our current opportunities