If you have interest in this position please send resume in word with contact number to
Product Engineering Manager
Recruiter will discuss salary.
Full Time Permanent position
Product Engineering Manager
Responsible for directing an engineering team in product design and development throughout the entire cycle from initial concept to successful launch. Coordinates prototype production and testing; responsible for completing projects in accordance with customer specifications and within schedule and budget limitations, coordinating activities of engineering team, contractors and vendors. Reports to the Director of Product Engineering; direct reports include Product Draftspersons and Technicians.
- Directs drafting personnel in preparation of drawings, procedures, sketches, etc., necessary for the development of new products.
- Responsible for creation and distribution of material and product specifications and standards to the appropriate manufacturing and support locations
- Acts as customer liaison for all product design activity
- Reviews and evaluates new product design specifications and test requirements, ensuring technical accuracy and cost efficiency.
- Develops and monitors project budgets and schedules by analyzing engineering project requirements, area workload and manpower availability.
- Recommends raw materials and components; helps develop specifications for product
- Continuously searches for new materials, processes and procedures to enhance and improve the product line.
- Oversees production trials for development of new products or processes.
- Assists the manufacturing department in the development of processes and tooling necessary to produce the product efficiently.
- Responsible for technical staffing, work assignments, scheduling, personnel appraisals and work reviews.
- Responsible for CAD model, drawing and tooling control systems.
- Oversees and coordinates the delivery of timely and effective technical support to all locations.
- Manages the development and documentation process for Engineering Specifications, Operation Standards, ECR’s & TDN’s for all plant locations as needed.
- Responsible for costing analysis for new & existing program business.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Participates in product reviews and process reviews to prevent or resolve product or production difficulties.
- Supports QA and TQC by providing engineering drawings and specifications as needed.
- Supports manufacturing during start-up of new product lines; assists in the development of operations standards.
- Interfaces with customer engineers and designers to understand and meet their product design requirements.
- Performs other duties when required or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Engineering required.
- Minimum five (5) years on the job experience in directly related engineering position.
- Sound knowledge of engineering theory and design criteria; solid knowledge of AutoCAD, GD&T and basic drafting principles required.
- Must be familiar with a variety of manufacturing processes, materials selection and product testing in addition to sketching, layout and drafting work.
- Good mechanical, analytical and technical skills.
- Proficient computer skills; working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Project
- Demonstrated writing and communication skills required
- Good administrative and interpersonal skills, ability to work within a team, ability to handle multiple tasks
- Work may involve standing, bending, lifting and cutting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds overhead.
Please contact me with any questions:
Visit our careers website to view our current opportunities