If you have interest in this position please send resume in word with contact number.
Continuous Improvement Manager (CI Manager)
Salary (DOE) Recruiter will discuss
The Corporate CI Packaging will lead the continuous improvement efforts sites to improve key business results in safety, quality, efficiencies, labor costs, packaging costs, SPC, consumption, and production yields.
• Work closely with the Director of manufacturing, plant manager, and CI specialists to support the plants annual cost savings goals by helping them develop their annual CI project list with specific dates, cost savings estimates, and resources to implement.
• Assist the plant CI specialists to develop and maintain end of shift, and Top 3 meetings.
• Train supervisors and leads on how to run an effective end of shift meeting with action lists and timelines.
• Ensure the plants have developed and maintained a daily management systems utilizing hour by hour visual boards, and visual tools, to track line efficiencies and waste reduction efforts.
• Anticipate events/issues/situations and rectify them before problems develop.
• Develop a results driven tracking system to share with the Director of Manufacturing on the performance and cost savings initiative of the CI specialists.
• Lead and motivate by example.
• Challenge production systems for continuous improvement, with a focus on waste reduction and improving line efficiencies.
• Provide input and guidance on new equipment purchases, including building new SOP’s for equipment operation, PM’s, and changeovers.
• Manage production special projects to completion, assess results and provide feedback.
• Act as a resource center of information for other departments sharing best practices with all GLC plants on improvements.
• Direct efforts to develop SOP’s and standard work for all employees and processes, with a focus on reducing changeover times and reducing waste.
• Support the SPC and Infinity implementations and develop tracking metrics to provide feedback to the plants on opportunities to reduce giveaway.
• Train employees on lean concepts such as: 5S, Root Cause Analysis, Visual Management, and SOP’s.
• Prioritize the corporate CI specialist’s assignments.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or commensurate experience.
• 5 years of CI experience leading a multiple plant organization.
• 5+ years of production management experience as either a plant, or production manager.
• In depth understanding of production principles and general plant operations.
• In depth understanding of lean principles and implementation.
• Ability to make sound, independent decisions based on functional expertise and experience.
• Ability to provide leadership, support, communication and direction to production supervisors, as well as line personnel.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot and problem solve beyond routine issues.
• Proficient Microsoft Office.
Preferred Education and Experience
• SAP experience.
• MES experience.
Please contact me with any questions:
Visit our careers website to view our current opportunities