|CORPORATE VISION STATEMENT: To be the best service provider in our region.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work in the Information Technology department to develop and maintain highly specialized architecture and technological solutions. Work independently and collectively in the evaluation and design of new technologies as well as support current applications and systems. Provide technical leadership to the development personnel in introducing standards and best practices. Represent the Information Technology department in planning sessions with other groups and departments within the company.
1. Design, document and implement long-term architectural goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining enterprise systems and software.
2. Work closely with Business Analysts, end-users and management in defining business requirements for complex systems and required infrastructure to ensure they are aligned with strategic architectural goals.
3. Document the company’s existing system’s architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and refactoring as needed.
4. Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a policy for standardizing systems and software across departments as deemed necessary. Provide architectural expertise, direction and assistance to Systems Analysts and Software Developers.
5. Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and system flexibility.
6. Perform additional duties as assigned by manager.
Baccalaureate degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent education plus at least 5 years work experience in a lead application system design role.