IT Field Engineer
- Understanding of the OSI networking model
- Network Monitoring experience
- Knowledge of various WAN/MAN/LAN technologies for office interconnectivity
- Firewall experience
- Strong knowledge and relevant past experience with Microsoft based networking technologies such as DNS, WINS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP, FTP
- Network setup, administration and monitoring using concepts of SNMP, IPSec, VLANS, IDS.
- Experience with Cisco routers, switches and IOS
- Maintain network security authentication including IP telephony security, application security, anti-virus, user authentication, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with enterprise scale Windows technologies such as Server platforms, Desktop platforms, Exchange Environments, Active Directory, IIS, Windows Clustering, Virtualization and Collaboration tools is required
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server (2003, 2008) running on 32-bit and 64-bit hardware.
- Knowledge of Windows Server (2003-2008) administration required; for example, file and share permissions, user administration, security, networking and storage administration.
- Intermediate server and LAN administration experience;
- Perform systems backups and recovery procedures
- Perform routine maintenance and upgrades for IT infrastructure
- Configure applications: Sharepoint a plus.
- Develop, document and maintain standard operating procedures and configuration
- Web servers (such as Apache HTTPD)
- Clearing server error logs and reporting any failures
- Fundamental knowledge of ASP.NET.
- Install, de-commission and document hardware and software requests as needed
- Knowledge of Linux in a production environment is a big plus.
- VMware knowledge a big plus;
- Experience with load balancer products (a plus).
- SQL server (a plus)
- Web Development (a plus)
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support via telephone and remote access
- Knowledge of installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and supporting network, server, computer, phone system, and printer hardware.
- XP, Vista, Windows 7, and Thin Client workstations and laptops
- Provide one on one application support as needed
- Understanding of imaging
- Installs, troubleshoots and maintains an extensive variety of products and equipment.
- Identifies and repairs product failures in the field. Orders and replaces parts as needed.
- Determines and recommends products or services to best fit the customers’ needs.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to multitask, diagnose and provide solution to complex issues in a timely manner
- Acts as technical liaison between clients, customers and vendors to resolve issues.
- Stay current with emerging technologies and advancements within existing technologies
- Some overtime and weekend work - Must participate in the on-call rotation
- Assist with disaster recovery operations.
- Proven strong innovative and analytical ability
- Adapt to changing client needs and a passion to learn new technologies
- Must be willing to travel over 30% of the time.
- Microsoft Certifications (MCP, MCSE, MCSA)
- Networking Certifications (ex. Network +, CCNA)
- Accredited College Degree in related field
- 3-5 Years Experience
Competitive Salary with Bonus Plan
Employee Health/Dental and Vision Insurance
Discounted Fitness Membership
Certification / Study Reimbursement Plan
Please contact me with any questions:
Visit our careers website to view our current opportunities