If you have interest in this position please send resume in word with contact number to
Our Client in Manchester, Tn is looking for a Product Engineering CAD Designer. This is a full time permanent position and must be a US Citizen.
Product Engineering CAD Designer
Designs, develops, and improves new or existing product or tooling drawings using AutoCAD, CATIA, IDEAS or other customer-specific CAD software. Reports to the Product Engineering Manager; does not have direct supervisory responsibility, but may direct the work of Toolmakers as required.
The Technician must effectively communicate internally with engineering department personnel regarding ideas, drawings and products, as well as externally with customers and vendors to develop designs, resolve issues and provide prototypes.
- Creates or modifies product or tooling drawings in AutoCAD, CATIA or IDEAS under the direction of Product Engineering.
- Originates and/or develops designs for products relating to defined customer needs or as possible proprietary items. This also may include the adaptation of existing designs to new customer applications. These designs may be in the form of freehand sketches or final detail drawings.
- Originates and/or develops designs for tooling related to new products or applications; issues drawings to vendors for quoting and building tooling.
- Ensures the proper transfer of CAD data between company and our customers and vendors.
- Participates in the planning and direction of prototype construction to meet customer and internal requirements.
- Participates in vehicle fit-ups to create or verify designs
- Interfaces with customer designers to understand and meet their requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Participates in design reviews and process reviews to prevent or resolve product or production difficulties.
- Supports QA and TQC by providing engineering drawings as needed. Supports other North America locations as required.
- Must be able to work independently or as a functional participant of a design and development team
- Performs other duties when required or requested.
- Minimum two (2) years on the job experience as a drafting/design technician or equivalent position.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent in technical field from two-year college or technical school preferred, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Drafting ability to clearly develop ideas in the form of working drawings and sketches; working knowledge of AutoCAD, GD&T and basic drafting principles required.
- Experience with CATIA and/or IDEAS preferred
- Must be familiar with a variety of manufacturing processes, materials selection and product testing in addition to sketching, layout and drafting work.
- Proficient computer skills; working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Project
- Demonstrated writing and communication skills required
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work within a team, ability to handle multiple tasks
- Work may involve standing, bending and lifting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds overhead.
Please contact me with any questions:
Visit our careers website to view our current opportunities