If you have interest in this position please send resume in word with contact number to
POSITION: Accounting Manager
Reports To: Director of Accounting Department: Finance
Classification: Salary Location: TN
Accounting Manager position is responsible for maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises 2 Accounts Payable Associates and is responsible for overseeing their work to ensure timely and accurate payments. This position includes a multitude of activities including but not limited to general ledger transactions and reconciliations, financial reporting, manage year-end compliance and JSOX audit, and support budget activities.
- Performs the Month End close, completing all necessary Journals and such analysis as may be required by the Director of Accounting.
- Monitors customer account activity for all customers to insure timely payments.
- Conducts monthly A/R meetings to discuss past due invoice issues.
- Monitors VITECH A/R and provides support as needed to the Plant Accountant.
- Prepares the monthly labor variance report for the Wednesday production meetings.
- Prepares the monthly A/R past due reports for VIAM and VITECH for the Management meeting.
- Monitors budget to actual performance for all cost centers, and following the month end close distributes expense variance to budget reports to all department managers.
- Performs quarterly JSOX audits of the Purchasing and Inventory departments.
- Maintains all JSOX control documentation for the Finance Department.
- Complete quarterly GL reconciliations for VIAM and completes cash reconciliation monthly for VIAM and VITECH.
- Process weekly ACH payments to suppliers.
- Monitor cash transactions and balances daily for VIAM and VITECH.
- Complete Item Master changes as needed from Engineering, Customer Service, IT, and Purchasing departments.
- Tracks monthly IIPs.
- Manage year end compliance and JSOX audit.
- Supports budget activities
- Provides special reporting requests by other managers/co-workers as needed.
- Provides training to new or existing Finance employees as needed.
- Supervises all accounting associates (Currently 2)
- Insures accuracy of AP processing and compliance with accounting policies related to AP.
- Monitors and verifies application of all discounts allowed from suppliers.
- Monitors, verifies, and approves all payments made to suppliers.
- Prepares and administers all performance evaluations pending Director of Accounting Review.
- Enforces all rules and regulations of the company and administers disciplinary actions when such policies are violated.
- Provide quarterly reviews to each A/P Associate.
- Establish new goals and objectives for each A/ P Associate every year.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Special projects as needed.
- BA in Business Administration with emphasis in Accounting
- Five years supervisory experience in a Manufacturing environment in the Finance area.
- Experience with QAD
- Experience with Cyberquery Reporting
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Please contact me with any questions:
Visit our careers website to view our current opportunities