Reports to: CNC Manager Department: CNC
Classification: Salary Exempt Location: TN
JOB SUMMARY: CNC Programmer
Salary + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
This is a permanent position
Recruiter will discuss salary
Given a solid model of a mold tool, programmer to develop machining sequence, define required tooling, define cutting speeds and feeds, and generate CNC programs and communicate with the CNC operators. Programmers must at times develop 3D models of some tooling requirements in order to create machining processes and CNC programs. Must develop the ability to perform the machining operations, execute setups and trouble shoot as required.
Programmer will report directly to the CNC Manager.
- Creates or modifies tooling drawings in Autodesk or Delcam/PowerMill solid modeler.
- Creates machining plan and generate CNC programs and tooling setup sheets for injection mold cores, cavities and other tooling as required.
- Create fixture drawings for special tooling as the need arises.
- Provide clear and concise direction to CNC operators relative to machine, part, and tooling set-ups.
- Operate CNC milling machines.
- Maintain tooling stores and order as necessary.
- Trouble shoot CNC milling machines and programs as necessary
- Report all shift performance data to management daily.
- Overtime as required by management.
- Assist production in resolving quality and performance related tooling problems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be able to work independently and make decisions to keep milling machines running.
- May be required to order material and cutting tools for machining injection molds.
- Required to review and inspect mold tools before they reach the production floor to help achieve our goal to produce/machine it correctly the first time.
- Minimum two (2) years on the job experience as a CNC programmer utilizing CAM software. Delcam/PowerMill is preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in CAD
- Injection molding experience is a plus.
- Mold machining experience is a plus
- Minimum of (2) years experience in the operation/setup of CNC Mills.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent in technical field from two-year College or technical school preferred, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Drafting ability to clearly develop ideas in the form of working drawings and sketches.
Please contact me with any questions:
Visit our careers website to view our current opportunities