If you have interest in this position please send resume in word with contact number.
Title: Datastage ETL Developer (#12111485)
Rate: $62 C2C
Position Type: Contract
Job Location: Atlanta, Ga.
Duration: 8 months with possible extension
Client: State of Georgia
Interview Type: Phone/Web with a possible In Person
Job Order Recruiter Name and Email Address: Sharon Ball – firstname.lastname@example.org
ETL Developer II
The ETL (Extract, Transfer, Load) Developer is responsible for the movement of data into and out of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) which will source data from many systems. Analyze data requirements, complex source data, and the data model, and determine the best methods in extracting, transforming and loading the data into the data warehouse and other system integration projects.
Impact and Influence:
This position will interact on a consistent basis with:
This position typically will advise and counsel:
- other ETL developers,
- business/functional analysts,
- database/data warehouse administrators and architect.
- ERP, EDM and OIT staff for implementation of Data Stage and
- other units using Data Stage in best practices related to ETL development.
EDUCATION, SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Degrees required for this job:
- Analyze reporting requirements to determine development methods, development templates, and to determine job scheduling.
- Work in an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) environment tasked to build a data warehouse using complex transformations that come from many systems.
- Develop ETL jobs primarily in IBM Data Stage, that satisfy identified business process and data models.
- Troubleshoot and help improve existing ETL jobs.
- Follow set standards and best practices in ETL development. Refactor existing jobs that do not follow set standards.
- Provide guidance in some Data Stage administration tasks such as scheduling jobs, troubleshooting job errors, identifying issues in unusually long running jobs, etc.
- Work with other development units in improving best practices in ETL development.
- Monitor nightly loads and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Maintain technical support documentation.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education
Technical Skills Required:
- Years of experience required for this job: 6- 8 years of job related experience.
- At least 4 years in ETL development in IBM Data Stage ETL tool.
- These may overlap for a total of 6 years work experience
Other Skills Required:
- Full life-cycle experience on large/complex enterprise software development projects.
- Hands on experience in IBM DataStage ETL Design, Development & Build.
- Experience in project life cycle activities on DW/BI (Data warehouse and Business Intelligence) development and maintenance projects.
- Experience in developing best practices, unit testing and developer code reviews.
- Understanding of Unix/Linux system, files systems, shell scripting.
- Understanding of databases/ data marts/data warehouses and complex SQL and Oracle PL/SQL. Experience with databases including Oracle (12c), Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL.
- MUST HAVE RECENT EXPERIENCE WITH IBM DATASTAGE 11.5 or higher.
- PREFER EXPERIENCE WITH PEOPLESOFT HCM
Specialized skills preferred:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to express ideas concisely and clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills used to resolve technical problems.
- Must possess a good understanding of business requirements and IT strategies.
- Ability to work independently, but must a team player.
- Experience in a Higher Education environment.
Please contact me with any questions:
Visit our careers website to view our current opportunities