If you have interest in this position please send resume in word with C2C rate.
Our client has a hot new job available in Tallahassee, FL. This position may have the ability to be extended past the original contract. Please submit qualified candidates directly to the recruiter.
Please Do a Special Note up top for Face to Face Interviews
Title: WebFocus System Administrator (#11873359)
Position Type: Contract
Job Location: Tallahassee, FL
Duration: 5 months (could extend based on work performance)
Client: State of Florida
Interview Type: Phone/Web with a possible In Person
Job Order Recruiter Name and Email Address: Barb Ensminger – firstname.lastname@example.org
Scope of Services
We are looking for a Systems Administrator to provide assistance in upgrading, configuring and optimizing the WebFOCUS/iWay products and related server environments. Currently, our Customer has undertaken a joint migration effort involving OIT systems and the Office of Work Program and Budget (OWPB) and Office of Comptroller (OOC) business units to move from WebFOCUS version 7.7 to 8.2. The Systems Administrator in this temporary key role will be tasked to ensure the WebFOCUS/iWay products and related server environments are properly upgraded, configured and optimized to allow the migration effort to continue.
The duties of this position may be broad, and include such tasks as adding and removing individuals from the list of authorized users, archiving files, overseeing password protection and other security measures, monitoring usage of shared resources, and diagnosing malfunctioning equipment. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for working on projects, systems, and/or issues of medium to high complexity, and will be expected to provide daily operations support, maintenance and administration for the Department’s WebFOCUS server environment. This position requires ownership of complex issues in order to support Department business.
Bachelor’s Degree or technical institute degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
Primary Job Duties/ Tasks
- Must have experience with Information Builders, Inc (IBI)– WebFOCUS/iWay products and related server environments.
- IIS Administration.
- Network communications, including TCP/IP and DNS Samba/CIFS file sharing and NTFS permissions.
- 3 to 5 years of IT work experience in infrastructure/network environments in systems operations, support, maintenance and administration.
- Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick Study, Technical Zeal.
- Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge of Florida Department of Transportation systems and applications.
- Development process knowledge or experience a plus.
This resource will primarily be tasked with performing WebFOCUS server and application software support activities for OIT Application Services including, but not limited to the following:
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Support and expand FDOT infrastructure as needed.
- Coordinate server configuration and administration with multiple parties (AST, FDOT, and contractors).
- Troubleshoot end user issues.
- Make recommendations for future server and software upgrades.
- Maintaining, repairing and upgrading network and computer systems.
- Provide resource support to upgrade, configure and optimize the Department’s WebFOCUS server environment.
- Facilitation with OIT staff resource to provide knowledge and skills transfer.
- Assist with configuring WebFOCUS server security.
- Assist the Department in leveraging new features in the product such as App Studio and Deferred Execution (a possible replacement for mainframe batch processing), and new features in existing products such as ReportCaster (Report Library).
- Assist in modernizing the Department’s WebFOCUS application development environment.
- Assist impacted business units with migration effort.
- Assist with proactive application architecture and tuning to get the most benefit out of the Department’s distributed WebFOCUS environment.
- Provide proactive review, adjusting, tuning and optimization of the Department’s WebFOCUS & iWay servers.
- Provide for the concentrated oversight and review of vendor patches, maintenance releases and upgrades to the server.
The submitted candidate must be able to apply the specific knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
General Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Strong familiarity with all Information Builders, Inc (IBI)– WebFOCUS/iWay products and related server environments.
- Experience establishing systems by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Experience monitoring systems and applications to ensure security, availability and performance.
- Ability to maintain network and systems performance by performing systems monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting systems and application problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Ability to secure systems by developing systems access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- The ability to multi-task, appropriately prioritize, work with minimal supervision, and achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience establishing systems specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements.
- Ability to prepare users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Experience upgrading systems by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
The submitted candidate must be able to apply common knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
- Communication: Have the ability to clearly convey information, in both written and verbal formats, to individuals or groups in a wide variety of settings (i.e.; project team meetings, management presentations, etc.). Must have the ability to effectively listen and process information provided by others.
- Customer Service: Works well with clients and customers (i.e.; business office, public, or other agencies). Able to assess the needs of the customer, provide information or assistance to satisfy expectations or resolve a problem.
- Decision Making: Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions.
- Flexibility: Is open to change, new processes (or process improvement), and new information. Has the ability to adapt in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Ability to receive and give constructive criticism, and maintain effective work relationships with others.
- Interpersonal: Shows friendliness, courtesy, understanding, and politeness to others.
- Leadership: Motivates, encourages, and challenges others. Is able to adapt leadership styles in a variety of situations.
- Problem Solving: Able to identify, evaluate, and use sound judgement to generate and evaluate alternative actions, and make recommendations as accordingly.
- Team Building: Encourages, inspires, and guides others toward accomplishing the common goal.
- Quality Assurance: Knowledge of the ideologies, techniques and tools for quality assurance and control. The ability to put the ideologies, techniques, and tools into practice.