If you have interest in this position please send resume in word with Contact number.
Title: Jr. Systems Administrator (#11669196
Rate: DOE Recruiter will discuss
Position Type: Contract
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Duration: 7 months with possible extension
Client: State of GA
Interview Type: Phone/Web with a possible In Person
Job Order Recruiter Name and Email Address: Barb Ensmnger - email@example.com
Jr. Systems Administrator
We are looking for an energetic, customer service oriented and technically talented and experienced IBM Product Administrator (Datastage and/or Cognos 11) to help support mission critical infrastructure in a dynamic and fast-paced production environment. A self-starter who is proactive and self-motivated to achieve operational excellence. Technically versatile, has the aptitude to increase technical breadth and the attitude and personality to help grow/maintain a World Class organization.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Automating operational processes using scripting languages such as Shell/Ruby/Python/Puppet tools.
- Performing daily activities, such as managing users access, monitoring schedules, and monitoring overall system
- Working with developers, software vendor support, database administrators, and other IT operations resources to troubleshoot issues and ensure systems are working properly
- Managing servers i.e. Design, develop, test, patch and maintain infrastructure as necessary
- Researching, assessing, and implementing best practices
- Analyzing server/system logs on a daily basis to identify and proactively resolve issues
- Act as the technical expert for support and enhancement issues
- Knowledge of Cognos, Infosphere or Websphere architecture design and implementation.
- Setup new database connections and security procedures
- Perform capacity planning
- Works with Client Management/Other Team Lead to provide timely, appropriate level of communication with respect to the work assigned.
- Provides technical and functional expertise on development projects.
- Strong design, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills.
- Linux (RHEL 7 with SELinux a plus)
BA/BS degree and/or 2+ years of experience Excellent communication skills and self starter attitude
Must be able to pass a criminal background check
Must be able to work for any US company without need of work authorization sponsorship. Sorry, no third-party candidates accepted.
- Implementing application migrations to cloud providers
- Identify and recommend applications for implementation or migration to cloud services
- Experience with SQL Server, MySQL, or PostreSQL - ability to connect and configure Linux applications to Database servers
- Ability to run SQL scripts
- Datastage Experience
- Cognos 11 Experience
- Experience in managing AWS cloud services like EC2/S3/RDS etc is a huge plus.
- Comfortable in Multi-OS environment a plus (Linux and Windows Server)
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face.
Please contact me with any questions:
Visit our careers website to view our current opportunities