IT DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Reports to: Department: Systems / IT
Under general supervision, develop and support custom applications, including web applications for use in production and office environments. Provide tier 2 support to production and office staff as needed. .
- Provide level 1 support for custom software implemented at all sites within the organization.
- Provide level 2 production and office support to IT Support Specialist.
- Coordinate testing and implementation of all new software development projects.
- Coordinate with users to gather scope and requirements for new change requests and projects.
- Monitor and maintain production servers and databases for integrity and health.
- Maintain a running list of application bugs, description of code changes to address the bug, and the version / release that contains the patch.
- Coordinate code changes with contract developers and IT staff to ensure that patches are fully tested and applied appropriately, within a specific time frame.
- Update instant support and support ticket logs as required.
- Update time tracking as needed.
- Ensure that cables and IT equipment are neat and tidy in all production and office areas
- Ensure that office and server room areas are neat and orderly before leaving for the day
- Attend IT meetings
- Attend monthly Star team meeting
- Attend IT safety and 3S audits
- Attend quarterly IIP review
- Attend dock audit for quality once per quarter
- Attend quarterly plant-wide meeting
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Complete non-conformances and fault-tree analyses as required.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other software development field; or equivalent experience or ability.
- Entry-level understanding of development environments and languages; specifically, asp.net, c#, PHP, JAVA.
- Entry-level SQL database experience, including knowledge of SQL syntax for stored procedures and functions.
- Knowledge of principles and capabilities of computer systems, including networked environments and peripheral devices.
- Knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) principles.
- Knowledge of local system access and security guidelines and procedures.
- General knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008.
- Knowledge of data management and backup processes.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows XP and Windows 7.
- Advanced knowledge of hardware and software troubleshooting techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications and PC software.
- Advanced knowledge of printer technologies, drivers, and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of ethical and professional rules of conduct.
- Skill in exercising judgment to apply effective troubleshooting procedures for computer systems in a multiple operating system environment.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with department staff.
- Skill in following and effectively communicating verbal and written instructions.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Skill in working independently and as a member of a team.
Please contact me with any questions:
Visit our careers website to view our current opportunities