If you have interest in this position please send resume with contact number in word to
Salary: DOE Recruiter will discuss
Location: Manchester, Tn
Reports to: Product Engineering Manager Department: 7100
Classification: Location: TN
Coordinates prototype production and testing; responsible for completing projects in accordance with customer specifications and within schedule and budget limitations, coordinating activities of contractors and vendors. Reports to the Product Engineering Manager; may have direct or indirect reporting over Product Drafts persons and Technicians.
- Directs drafting personnel in preparation of drawings, procedures, sketches, etc., necessary for the development of new products.
- Responsible for Engineering specification database and issue of product specifications.
- Reviews and evaluates new product design specifications and test requirements, ensuring technical accuracy and cost efficiency.
- Recommends raw materials and components; helps develop specifications for product
- Continuously searches for new materials, processes and procedures to enhance and improve the product line.
- Oversees production trials for development of new products or processes.
- Assists the manufacturing department in the development of processes and tooling necessary to produce the product efficiently.
- Responsible for drawing and tooling control systems.
- Responsible for creating part number and BOMs as required.
- Develop and maintain 3D CAD models for assigned programs.
- Assists with CAD transfers from customers and suppliers, as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Participates in product reviews and process reviews to prevent or resolve product or production difficulties.
- Supports QA and TQC by providing engineering drawings and specifications as needed.
- Supports manufacturing during start-up of new product lines; assists in the development of operations standards.
- Interfaces with customer engineers and designers to understand and meet their product design requirements.
- Performs other duties when required or requested. Supports other North America locations as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Engineering required.
- Sound knowledge of engineering theory and design criteria; solid knowledge of AutoCAD, GD&T and basic drafting principles required.
- Must be familiar with a variety of manufacturing processes, materials selection and product testing in addition to sketching, layout and drafting work.
- Good mechanical, analytical and technical skills.
- Proficient computer skills; working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Project
- Demonstrated writing and communication skills required
- Good administrative and interpersonal skills, ability to work within a team, ability to handle multiple tasks
- Work may involve standing, bending, lifting and cutting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds overhead.
Please contact me with any questions:
Visit our careers website to view our current opportunities